CALL FOR GALLERY MANAGER
Apr 24, 2017
Para Site, one of Hong Kong’s Leading Non-Profit Contemporary Art Spaces, is now hiring a full-time Gallery Manager.
Para Site is Hong Kong's leading contemporary art space and one of the oldest and most active independent art centres in Asia. The programme includes exhibitions, publications, public programmes, a residency programme and conferences. Join an ambitious team and become part of an exciting and growing non-profit art space.
Para Site endeavors to provide employees with full emersion into the local and international art scene. Opportunities are given to meet community stake-holders, artists, curators, thinkers and other leaders.
• Overseeing the everyday office and facility management of Para Site
• Managing general organizational matters, including but not limited to Website, insurance, liaison with Executive Board of Directors, liaison with Governmental bodies and other administrative needs
• Bookkeeping and acting as liaison with contracted accountant
• Managing communications and scheduling between the Executive Director and external bodies, as appropriate
• Responding to general inquiries from the public
• Providing administrative support for exhibitions, programming and residencies, including invoicing, venue booking, making travel arrangements, and archiving
• Overseeing sales and inventory of PS publications
• Overseeing Human Resources for the organisation
• Staffing and managing gallery interns
• 5 full days a week, Monday – Friday, 11am – 7pm, and additional events on weekday evenings and weekends, as necessary
• High proficiency in spoken and written Chinese and English is a must.
• University degree.
• At least two years working experience with the art industry, specifically related to arts administration and gallery/office management.
• Creative, professional, self-motivated, with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Experience in accountancy.
• Interest in Contemporary Art.
• Ability to work with a small team as well as independently.
Please send a cover letter and resume with expected salary and available date via email to Olivia Chow: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 24, 2017.
(Data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only)